Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Damn you laptop battery...!!!!!

Well it was another rough night sleep I’m afraid, so we slept in a bit. The sulphur fumes where not irritating me as badly last night, but I was still stuffed up and felt extremely stiff and sore when I woke up, but after a few stretches a shower and a Berroca I was ready to hit the town. We drove to an area just outside of Rotorua called Blue Lake, it is right next to Green Lake….lol… from here we had a spectacular photo op. There are stacks of Pine tree forests around the lake and the combination of this and the colour of the water reminded of me of some of the photos that you see of Lake Louise in Canada during the summer. We continued on and soaked up the spectacular scenery that this part of the country has to offer. Five minuets further up the road we got to the ‘Buried Village’. The village was buried by an exploding volcano 150 years ago, during the explosion the ‘Pink Terraces’ where destroyed, they where considered the eighth wonder of the world at the time. From there we headed back to Auckland, we had heaps of time to kill so we took our time and stopped for lunch and played some Putt-Putt.

So there we are… now we find ourselves at the bar in the airport…. I need to get on with things because the laptop battery is dying and I realised that the power plug has been checked in with my luggage…Doh !! Next time I post I will be in the UK….

No comments: