Saturday, February 23, 2008

And we have touchdown....


Well after only our first day on the road in New Zealand, I don't really have much to report I am afraid. The flight was uneventful and we arrived in Auckland to overcast sky's and rain. One thing we did notice on our trip down to Hamilton was that the landscape looked very dry despite the rain, I guess the Kiwi's have been having the same effects from the drought that we have back home.

The car we picked up from Thrifty is a nice little Suzuki swift small enough to be affordable yet still large enough to fit all our stuff in. Both of us are tired and exhausted, a late night last night combined with only a few hours sleep and traveling has taken it's toll.

Earlier we had stepped out to have a bite to eat at a nice little Italian restaurant and I had my first taste of Kiwi beer, Waikato Draught, I get the feeling that this is the common mans beer, it is rather sweet in flavour and has quite a dark colour, still, I didn't mind it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good on you Dude.
The Daylight Savings patch is giving us headaches. But we are surviving yet???????

Hello from the friends from here

jaime